Friday, August 30, 2013

Taco Soup Bites...

The other day I saw a recipe for stuffed eggless wonton wrappers and thought if I could find them it would be fun to stuff them with my taco soup recipe.

We went to Uwagimaya and they carry four different eggless wonton wrappers.  The ingredients were in English so I was able to see which were vegan and which were not.  
Here is a photo of the one I bought.

The next morning I made my Taco Soup.  

That evening I strained some and put it into a small bowl to use as the insides of my Taco Soup Bites.  Spray a cookie sheet with olive oil cooking spray.
 Spoon a small amount into the center of the eggless wonton.
Fold two sides together, just slightly overlapping.  I filled a small bowl with water and placed it next to my taco soup bowl to dip my finger in.  I found that if I dipped my finger into water and dripped one drop of water on top of the overlapped wonton it held together perfectly without making it too wet.
 I then folded up the bottom corner of the eggless wonton and dropped a drop of water on that corner.
And finally did the same process to the last corner.
 Once your eggless wonton looks like a little package you spray it with olive oil cooking spray.

Once you have a tray full, pop it into a preheated oven of 425 degrees and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the edges start to brown up nicely (we prefer ours on the crisper side).
I served mine with salsa and Tofutti sour cream.

Sooooo yummy and fun too.

There are so many fillings you could do so expect to see this again with different fillings.  With Thanksgiving and Christmas just around the corner I am already thinking of Holiday Bite ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment