Sunday, April 21, 2013

Vegetable Stock...



Today I am making more of Gwyneth Paltrow's vegetable stock from her first cookbook My Father's Daughter.  I highly recommend this cookbook.  It is not a vegan cookbook but does have symbols to let you know what is vegan (see below).  This recipe is so good you could make your own Pho with it or any soup.  I can't help but taste it as it cooks.  I deviate from Gwyneth's recipe by cooking it on simmer for hours and I always double or triple the recipe and add more water then called for since I cook it down every time.




As I have told you in a previous post, I like to freeze my vegetable stock in ice cube trays.  Then pop them out of the ice cube trays and store in freezer zip lock bags.  That way I can add a little vegetable stock to anything and it melts much quicker then a larger block would.  I try to have vegetable stock in the freezer at all times.

No comments:

Post a Comment