Thursday, April 25, 2013

Yogurt, Sushi and Boca...

Yesterday started with coconut milk yogurt, granola, mango and a banana.  I liked the coconut yogurt but prefer the soy yogurt, especially the vanilla.  The mango was so sweet it tasted like a peach.  If you haven't had one yet this year, go buy one today.



For lunch Stephen took me to our favorite sushi restaurant Sora Sushi, in Woodinville.  We had a lovely lunch but when we left I made a comment to Stephen that went something like "see I can go to sushi and stay vegan" to which he quickly replied "how do you figure?"  I stated that "I ate vegetables tempura and a spicy California roll, no spicy tuna, I was a good girl."  Stephen laughed and said "what do you think is in a spicy California roll?" I said "rice, soy wrap, avocado and imitation crabmeat.  It's not real crab meat so I am good."  He laughed again and said "what do you think imitation crabmeat is?" to which I said "I don't know tofu or soy or something." This is when he informed me that it is white fish that they make taste similar to crab.  I, of course, told him he was wrong and I would prove it with Google.  As I typed away on my iPhone I told him I had never given the imitation crab any real thought but I was sure he was wrong.  According to my Google search it is made from white fish skins and parts.  So basically, I had just eaten the equivalent of a fish hotdog.  I was sooooooo grossed out.  Before becoming vegan/vegetarian I would have been just as grossed out by this.  So it pains me to say, I was wrong and my beloved husband was correct.  The bad part of this silly story is that technically I cheated yesterday on white fish parts but to my defense, I didn't know I was cheating and let me assure you I will not be eating imitation crab ever again.   
Believe me, if I was knowingly going to cheat I would have had my much loved and still missed spicy Ahi Tuna roll in soy wraps.



Dinner was my attempt at the Red Robin Bonzi burger but with Boca Chik'n instead and I served it with baked potato wedges.  It was okay.  The teriyaki sauce was wrong so that threw off the flavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment