Friday, April 26, 2013

Oatmeal, Salad and Dinner at a friend's house...

This morning I ate oatmeal with brown sugar and almond milk.
Lunch was nothing special just a simple salad.

But for dinner we were invited to one our fabulous friend's house who make us a completely vegan dinner.  The most impressive part is that they are not vegan and she had never cooked vegan before. They served three types of vegan appetizers with champagne.  We then dined on quinoa, yellow curry vegetables cooked perfectly I might add, asparagus spears and panko breaded eggplant.  I don't have very much experience with eggplant but she had made up my mind that I like it a lot.  I have no idea how she completely cooked the eggplant and kept the panko crunch, it was amazing.  And if all of that was not enough she made a no-cheese cheese cake from scratch with a strawberry puree and whole strawberries.  I already knew my friend is amazing but this was such a delectable dinner we left even more impressed.  She didn't need to go to all the trouble but we all cleaned our plates it was so devine.  I wish I had taken photos of this meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment