Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Oatmeal, Boom Noodle and Lemon Basil Pasta...

This morning I started my day with oatmeal, brown sugar and almond milk.  I know I eat this often but I love it and oatmeal is so good for you.  Stephen had soy yogurt, granola and a banana.  I try to vary his breakfast for him so he doesn't get sick of anything.  Honestly, I think he likes me making him breakfast every day so much that he doesn't really care what I put in front of him.

Lunch was at Boom Noodle with a dear friend of mine.  I had the edamame puree with vegetable chips and spring vegetable rolls as my lunch.  Both were delicious.  My friend had the Thai Chicken Salad and said it was so good that I should try it.  So I did and she was correct it was amazing.  I did not try the chicken and if I ordered it I would get it without the chicken or cilantro but I will be ordering that next time I am there.




Lemon Basil Pasta

Dinner was Lemon Basil Pasta from the Everyday Happy Herbivore cookbook.  It is spaghetti noodles, cherry tomatoes, fresh basil, lemon, freshly ground pepper and on Stephen's capers.  Clearly the photo on top is mine, I am so not a caper fan.  This was light, refreshing and we both thought is was delicious.  This will be made again and for guests as well.  I think anybody would like this dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment