Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Artichoke-Walnut Pesto Crostini & Penne alla Vodka...


Tonight was a complete meal from Chloe's Kitchen cookbook.  And let me begin by saying I have a new favorite vegan meal!

The Artichoke-Walnut Pesto Crostini could have been a meal all by itself.  They are just simply addicting.  They are so quick and easy to make (about 10 minutes).  Tons of flavors or as Stephen likes to say "a party in his mouth".

The Penne alla Vodka was supposed to be served with Chloe's "Best Garlic Bread In The World" but I really wanted to try the Artichoke-Walnut Pesto Crostini so I chose to try that one instead.
Again, this was easy and fairly quick (about 40 minutes) but a lot of that time is waiting and stirring occasionally so it didn't feel like 40 minutes.  This is restaurant quality vodka sauce, I was really surprised how good it came out.

This entire meal is definitely one you will want to make for your guests.  Give them a try and let me know what you think of each of them.

2 comments:

  1. Can you share the recipe, or do we have to buy the cook book? Both of these look really good. Are they salty?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would highly recommend buying this cookbook. I have provided a link to the cookbook on Amazon.com by clicking on the words "Chloe's Kitchen" in the article above. I hope you enjoy this cookbook as much as I have.
      Neither recipe is very salty. Of course, that will depend on how much you add when you season the dishes but I did not go heavy on the salt on either. They are both so flavorful I didn't think they needed much salt at all.

      Delete