Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Question and answer...

The question that I keep getting over and over is... I see you are not blogging every day anymore, does that mean you are no longer vegan/vegetarian?

And the answer is... I am not blogging every day because I am not trying new recipes every day.  Whenever I make a new recipe I will blog about it.  My breakfast is pretty consistently either oatmeal or soy yogurt, granola and fruit.  Here is a photo from this mornings breakfast.  Vanilla soy yogurt, KIND granola, raspberries, blueberries and strawberries.  The only thing that changes in this dish is the fruit that is in season and/or in our house that morning.
I have been taking the recipes I have tried so far and tweaking them to Stephen and my tastes but you have already seen photos of them and my tweaks are so minor that I don't want to bore you with that kind of information.  For example, yesterday I made my vegan taco soup but this time I added chickpea beans and some extra chili beans.  Not life altering but something I wanted to see if we would like and we did.  My life is easier when I have some old standby recipes that I know by heart and know my family loves.  I have plans to try some new recipes soon so I will have more to share soon.  To answer your question, yes I am still vegan/vegetarian (mostly vegan) and no this is not another diet fad I am trying out.  I have been vegan/vegetarian for exactly five weeks today and I have no intentions to go back to eating a none plant based diet any time soon.  I won't say never but today that would not be to strong of a statement.

No comments:

Post a Comment