Sunday, May 12, 2013

Dinner at a friends...

Last night Stephen and I went to dinner at another couples new home.  They are vegetarian and have been for years.  Well truth be told she is vegetarian and he is not but he eats mostly vegetarian and will even cook vegetarian for her.  She made these amazing hand rolled spring rolls with veggies and tofu as well as a tofu and peanut dipping sauce.  They were sooooo good, I am going to have to get the recipe she used and give them a try.  Then our next course was a tofu, asparagus  onion, garlic, lemon zest and juice stir fry.  It too was delicious   As if all of that was not enough she had made a dessert course with chocolate mousse with a coconut oil layer in the middle.  As many of you know, chocolate mousse is one of my all time favorite desserts so I was in heaven.  When we finished our desserts she told us she used tofu, chocolate and a bit of vanilla extract to make the mousse.  I am telling you I would never have known, it was that good.  It was a fun and delicious evening with good friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment