Thursday, April 18, 2013

Day 3 of the 3-Day Reboot wrap-up...

Lunch was Supreme Sweet Potato Tacos.  I forgot to take a photo of them but they were just okay.  Stephen really liked them.



Time-To-Thrive Moroccan Stew
This was extremely hardy stew that tasted good.  Again, dinner was nothing to write home about but it was fun to make something new and different.



Roasted Pears
These were yummy.  You roast the pears then drizzle with maple syrup and sprinkle with cinnamon and top with pecans and a dash of powdered sugar for effect.  They look wonderful and tasted very good.

The 3-Day Reboot Wrap-Up
All in all this was a good experience and I am glad I did it.  I learned about some healthy food that I like than I didn't know if I liked.  I made some really pretty food and most of it was quite good.  I lost about five pounds and no one could say this was a starvation diet as most of the time I could not finish my food.  I was pleasantly surprised that Stephen did the full 3-Day Reboot with me and really enjoyed himself.  I have no delusions that he will be calling himself a vegan any time soon but he has learned he can eat vegan and not starve to death or live on salads alone.  He to lost weight and he did not finish all of his meals either.  I hope you enjoyed seeing and reading about the fun meals I have making.  I will now be working from my new vegan cookbooks and reworking some of our favorite non-vegan recipes to make them vegan.  Sorry Stephen there might be some scary meals ahead.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment