Monday, November 18, 2013

Coconut Soup...


I was standing in line at our local grocery store and saw a Better Homes & Gardens Soups & Stews magazine (see recipe below).  I was sucked in and purchased it.  Inside I found several soups that I want to "veganize".  Here is the first one...
Shrimp and Coconut Soup
The only changes I made to the original recipe was to substitute chicken broth with vegetable broth and to omit the shrimp and green onions on mine, however, you can see a photo of one with shrimp below for my family.  It was a very thin soup so next time I will add some corn starch to thicken it up.  I had nice flavors. I would rate it okay, not great.  
If you want to add shrimp for your non-vegan eaters, I used the remaining can of coconut milk and a dash of curry powder in a separate pot and boiled them for three minutes, I was told the shrimp was perfectly cooked, I'll have to take there word.


No comments:

Post a Comment