Monday, June 10, 2013

Curried Quinoa Salad...

Tonight I am making Curried Quinoa Salad from the Everyday Happy Herbivore cookbook.  I have made this salad before but tonight I am going to tweak it a little bit by adding lettuce to the spinach.  This salad is visually beautiful and tastes soooo good too. 

This recipe is not at all spicy ("no stars" as Paisley calls it when she orders food at Thai or Chinese restaurants) but it is full of flavor.  

I always start by prepping my food so as I cook all the ingredients are pre-measured and/or chopped so everything goes smoothly and you don't have any surprises like being out of an ingredient.
Below are chopped mango, cucumber, celery and the raisins.
 This is the quinoa that was cooked in my homemade vegetable broth, yellow curry powder and paprika.
And this is the finished product.  It has spinach, lettuce, vanilla almond yogurt, mango, cucumber, celery and raisins.

No comments:

Post a Comment