Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Day 2 of the 3-Day Reboot dinner and dessert...


Mellow Mushroom Creamy Barley
To be honest, I am embarrassed to day that I did not start this dinner with a very good attitude.  However, I did try at least five good sized bites and just could not handle it.  I was done.  Stephen thought it was very good and asked me to save mine for him to eat another day.  Barley, mushrooms, cooked spinach are not at the top of my foods I like list so this was kind of doomed from the beginning but I did try it.  Being a semi-picky eater is not ideal for meal plans but this is the first meal I did not finish so I am proud of myself for that.


Banana Bliss
Dessert on the other hand was amazing.  I have never blended bananas, almond milk, vanilla extract and cinnamon but I will from now on.  The recipe actually asked for frozen bananas but I had not read ahead so I used room temperature bananas and it was sooooo good.  This recipe is going in the make again pile.

No comments:

Post a Comment